Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jul 19, 2009, 08:59 AM   #1
NStocks
macrumors 65816

Getting Contacts off iPhone, without a Computer

Hi,

I have a replacement iPhone on the way, scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I have to swap the the faulty iPhone on the doorstep.

I don't have my Macbook Pro was used to activate and sync my iPhone, because it's away for repair. I have access to my Dad's PC but I don't like using it for my devices ( he gets annoyed with everyone else data on it )

Is there any way I can get all my contacts off my iPhone and stored in my email box ? The last sync may have got all this data, but I have added new things to it since my mac was sent away...

Also, I will probably have to sync my new iPhone with my Dad's PC, but when I get my Mac back, can I just do a restore and sync it from the Mac ?

Thank You
NStocks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2009, 09:14 AM   #2
matttye
macrumors 601

I think you can email each contact one by one as a vcard.

If you've got more than 20 contacts it would be a pain though!
matttye is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2009, 09:21 AM   #3
alFR
macrumors 68000

You could:
  • Email all your contacts to yourself. Bit of a drag though.
  • Take out a 60d trial MobileMe subscription, sync all your contacts to that from your phone and then back to your Mac from MobileMe when it comes back from repair. This will also sync your calendars and bookmarks.

There should be no problem with doing a restore and resyncing with your mac when it comes back. Remember that you'll lose any data on the phone if you do a restore.
alFR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2009, 09:33 AM   #4
NStocks
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by alFR View Post
You could:
  • Email all your contacts to yourself. Bit of a drag though.
  • Take out a 60d trial MobileMe subscription, sync all your contacts to that from your phone and then back to your Mac from MobileMe when it comes back from repair. This will also sync your calendars and bookmarks.

There should be no problem with doing a restore and resyncing with your mac when it comes back. Remember that you'll lose any data on the phone if you do a restore.
Brilliant ! I will set up an account now... just have to remember to cancel it before I get charged.
NStocks is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone