Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrsundaynight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
Every time I sync my iphone with my MacBook Pro, it freezes up on the "calendar" stage.

Not getting any error messages or pop-ups. When I disable the calendar sync, the rest of the phone syncs fine.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this?

Thanks!

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
I had this happen on my previous iPhone when syncing with Outlook. Not sure this will help, but in my case I has some recurring appoinments that iTunes didnt like. When it got to that point, it hung.

I would try backing up the Calendar and trying a brand new calendar, with a test appointment. If that syncs fine, then try copying your backup entries onto the new Calendar. There may be something corrupt in your old calendar.

That's the best I can do with such short notice.... :D

lfine39

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2009
I had trouble syncing my calendar when I got my first iPhone not sure if this is your issue but ANY recurring calendars dates need an end date ( I had birthdays recurring with obviously no end dates and the iPhone will not sync with that)
Put end date at 30 years all is fine.....

mrsundaynight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
Thanks for the tips guys. Changed all my recurring appointments to have final end dates, and it still isn't working.

Thanks anyway though.

Anyone else?

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
I would suggest backing up your Calendar and wiping it out to start with a fresh new one, and with a couple of test appointments. That way you can rule out any corrupt data in your Calendar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.