Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spencecb

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
When I upgraded my old 1st generation iPhone to OS 3.0, I made the mistake of telling iTunes to sync all my contacts with information on my Mac, overlooking where it said that it was currently being synced via MobileMe (as I have a MobileMe account). I now have an iPhone 3G and the problem persists.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to stop this. I have unchecked the appropriate boxes in iTunes, but all of my contact information is still duplicated. I will attach two screen shots to show what is currently showing up on my iPhone.

I have already tried a restore, which does nothing to correct this problem.

Any help is resolving this will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0318.PNG
    IMG_0318.PNG
    36.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0319.PNG
    IMG_0319.PNG
    26.3 KB · Views: 80

spencecb

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
And not to change the topic of my own thread, but I must gripe for a second about AT&T. Note that my iPhone is currently using the EDGE network, even though I live in Chicago and have a full signal...........

Frustrations.......

Slip Jigs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Something is definately out of whack. When you sync to MobileMe, the sync option in iTunes should be greyed out. Somehow iTunes is not getting the message. have you tried clearing the sync information in iTunes?

spencecb

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
Something is definately out of whack. When you sync to MobileMe, the sync option in iTunes should be greyed out. Somehow iTunes is not getting the message. have you tried clearing the sync information in iTunes?

None of the radio buttons are selected in iTunes to tell it to sync with information on my Mac. Here is a screen shot showing a couple of the options, and you can see that it says under each of them that it is currently syncing with MobileMe over the air.

Attachments

• Screen shot.jpg
    Screen shot.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 87
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.