Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Holography

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
I use a Mac laptop with Mac OS X and I've used my iPod Nano G4 with it without a problem for the past half a year. Today, I wanted to use the iPod as a USB disc to transfer some files from my Windows XP computer to the laptop, and after plugging the iPod in and trying to open the USB in My Computer, it required me to format the iPod with the Windows computer first, so I did. It erased everything inside my iPod and I tried restoring the iPod in my Mac iTunes library and syncing it with my iTunes library, but the iPod just continuously restores itself (with the white apple logo and then the language selection screen). It refuses to remain connected with either my Mac laptop or my Windows laptop, constantly disconnecting itself, restoring, then reconnecting itself again. I then tried restoring it on my Windows computer, which had the same situation of the iPod disconnecting itself constantly.

Is there a way to "un-format" it from Windows? Has anyone had this problem before, and possibly solved it? Should I bring it to the Apple store? Or is there anything I can try?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.