Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

schweinsteiger

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Here is my situation. When I'm on vacation in Spain I usually go to some wifi hotspot and download my emails on my laptop. This year I want to be able to do this on my ipod touch. Then I go to my vacation home and would like to transfer the email attachments to my laptop. There is no internet connection at my vacation home. Using my MacBookPro's built in wireless card I can connect to my iPod Touch (still no internet, just laptop to device).

After transferring the attachment files (mostly jpegs, zip files and word docs) to my MacBookPro, I work on them (I'm a graphic designer). Then I want to transfer the result of my work (usually as PDFs) to my iPodTouch (still no internet, just laptop to device).

Then I would go to the wifi hotspot and send these new PDFs to my clients over email.

I'm not interested in reading or doing anything with these attachments on my iPod, I just want to have a possibility of storing the attachments and bringing them "home" to my laptop and vice versa.

I was about to get "ReaddleDocs" today when I stumbled across thread about "PDF Expert".

It seems that PDF Expert does the same, but is better/newer in functionality?

Will PDF Expert (or any other app) enable me to do what I described above?

Saving attachments (not just PDFs, but also zips and docs) to my IpodTouch and being able to send files I store on the iPod via PDF Expert as email attachments?

My main incentive is that when I'm in Spain on a hot summer day I don't want to log my 17 Mac Book Pro around just to send and receive email attachments.

Thanks for any advice!

schweinsteiger

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Still no answer ...

Here is my situation. When I'm on vacation in Spain I usually go to some wifi hotspot and download my emails on my laptop. This year I want to be able to do this on my ipod touch. Then I go to my vacation home and would like to transfer the email attachments to my laptop. There is no internet connection at my vacation home. Using my MacBookPro's built in wireless card I can connect to my iPod Touch (still no internet, just laptop to device).

After transferring the attachment files (mostly jpegs, zip files and word docs) to my MacBookPro, I work on them (I'm a graphic designer). Then I want to transfer the result of my work (usually as PDFs) to my iPodTouch (still no internet, just laptop to device).

Then I would go to the wifi hotspot and send these new PDFs to my clients over email.

I'm not interested in reading or doing anything with these attachments on my iPod, I just want to have a possibility of storing the attachments and bringing them "home" to my laptop and vice versa.

I was about to get "ReaddleDocs" today when I stumbled across thread about "PDF Expert".

It seems that PDF Expert does the same, but is better/newer in functionality?

Will PDF Expert (or any other app) enable me to do what I described above?

Saving attachments (not just PDFs, but also zips and docs) to my IpodTouch and being able to send files I store on the iPod via PDF Expert as email attachments?

My main incentive is that when I'm in Spain on a hot summer day I don't want to log my 17 Mac Book Pro around just to send and receive email attachments.

Thanks for any advice!

Impossible?

Anyone?

schweinsteiger

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Impossible?

Anyone?

To further clarify: I installed PDF Expert, managed to save attachments to the Readdle storage folder on the iPodTouch. I also managed to connect from the laptop to the iPod here at home where I have a functioning Wi-Fi network with internet. The moment I turn off the internet I can't connect to the iPod from the MacBookPro anymore.

So my question would be, is there a way to connect the iPodTouch to the laptop using the built-in Airport card of the MacBookPro, when there is no internet connection available?

It would be ideal for me as described above to be able to go out with only my iPodTouch, bring home all the emails with attachments and transfer them to my laptop. Just don't want to log around a 17" MBP when I'm on vacation in Spain in the summer ...

Thanks for any answers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.