Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jul 22, 2009, 02:49 AM   #1
putang
macrumors newbie

Airport extreme Prob - No internet

Hi
I have the airport extreme router, and i have the virgin broadband, I set up the extreme 12 month ago and set up wireless printer and hard drive sharing and all worked well...
Now all of a sudden the internet only works when i plug it into the computer direct, as soon as i plug dsl modem into router it stops recieving the internet. Im on my second dsl modem as thought it was broken. so that rules that out.
Wondering if any one has any ideas or came across this before.
Cheers
putang is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2009, 05:11 PM   #2
geoffreak
macrumors 68020

Most likely you need to clone the MAC address of your computer that the internet works on. You should be able to do this through the Airport utility on that Mac.
If doing this doesn't resolve the issue, there may be a bigger problem with your Airport Extreme.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking