Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vialli25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Hi

I'm not a professional graphic designer at all, so please treat me as a complete newbie.

I have the new Illustrator CS4 on my MBP and have designed some logos for a website I'm designing. In illustrator, they look rich and full of colour, but as soon as I choose either Save As, Export or Save for Web the final results are dull and it's as though someone has turned the saturation down.
This is the same for all file formats that I save to, even PDF.

I know it must have something to do with the colour settings that I'm using but as I said I'm a newbie so need a little help. That said, I'm not printing anything, the logos literally look different in Illustrator as they do once they're exported and viewing them with Preview or in a browser.

Thanks in advance!

The interesting thing is Illustrator CS3 was fine on my mac, never had any problems like this with it!

The exact same thing happens in Photoshop.

Just a clue, when using Save for Web in Photoshop you can set the preview to 'Monitor Color' or 'Use Document Profile'. When previewing using 'Monitor Colour' it displays the artwork with the washed out colours, exactly as it is output.

I'm using sRGB for the document profile btw as instructed by a forum post on another website. However it hasn't made any difference and I still experience this problem.

Dal123

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
England
You know more than myself. I experienced similar things when saving as optimized for web.
I tried tweaking my settings on the optimized file, playing with the hue and relevant settings.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.