Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jul 22, 2009, 11:48 PM   #1
I'm a Mac
macrumors 6502

HELP!! I accidentally disabled my iPod touch! (And I won't be at my mac for 3 weeks!)

I know this is idiotic but I was locked out of my own iPod touch (apparently I was careless when I was setting the passcode) but now my iPod says it's disabled and I won't have be at my computer for another 3 weeks because I'm away. Is there anything I can still do? If I take it to an apple store is it possible that they could do anything for me? I mean if they wiped it I guess I could redownload apps (and possibly videos?) that will suffice but I wonder if there's any hope left.
I'm a Mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2009, 06:40 AM   #2
pilotrtc
macrumors regular

I'm not sure wiping it (via Apple Genius or another computer) before you get back to your computer is worth it. There won't be anything on it and you won't have your computer with you to re-download all your stuff.

However, if you can find another computer, and they have stuff, maybe you can use their stuff until you get home and wipe it again?
Old Jul 23, 2009, 07:51 AM   #3
TraceyS/FL
macrumors 68040

You can re-download Apps only, not movies/videos/music.

I had to have mine erased/restored at the Apple store, and we jumped on their wifi before we left and added some games for DD to play on the way home (making sure it was "fixed").

It would be better than nothing!

ETA: i had to lecture the kids about just trying to break my pw too - you do that, and erase it, you will NEVER get to play. Got it? LOL!
TraceyS/FL is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch