Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I'm a Mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
I know this is idiotic but I was locked out of my own iPod touch (apparently I was careless when I was setting the passcode) but now my iPod says it's disabled and I won't have be at my computer for another 3 weeks because I'm away. Is there anything I can still do? If I take it to an apple store is it possible that they could do anything for me? I mean if they wiped it I guess I could redownload apps (and possibly videos?) that will suffice but I wonder if there's any hope left.

pilotrtc

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2008
I'm not sure wiping it (via Apple Genius or another computer) before you get back to your computer is worth it. There won't be anything on it and you won't have your computer with you to re-download all your stuff.

However, if you can find another computer, and they have stuff, maybe you can use their stuff until you get home and wipe it again?

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
You can re-download Apps only, not movies/videos/music.

I had to have mine erased/restored at the Apple store, and we jumped on their wifi before we left and added some games for DD to play on the way home (making sure it was "fixed").

It would be better than nothing!

ETA: i had to lecture the kids about just trying to break my pw too - you do that, and erase it, you will NEVER get to play. Got it? LOL!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.