Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Jul 23, 2009, 12:30 AM   #1
mashrur
macrumors newbie

How far one can go with Applescript for Entourage addin development?

Hi,
How far one can go with applescript to develop addin application for Entourage? For example, if you compare with Outlook 2003+ with VSTO,

Is it possible to add a custom menu in Entourage using applescript [or by any other means]? Is it possible to show an external screen from different application which will be invoked from some user interaction inside Entourage?

And, what about the IP protection after deploying something developed with applescript for Entourage?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Mashrur
mashrur is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2009, 11:22 PM   #2
TheMacintosh
macrumors newbie

I don't know if AppleScript can do that. You may want to look into some other languages. I don't know much AppleScript though (I can build some AppleScript Studio applications, but never tried doing any more than that).
TheMacintosh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2009, 11:07 PM   #3
mashrur
macrumors newbie

Thanks Macintosh. It does not need to be applescript; if it is objective C, I am fine with that too. But, I need some one [who knows] to tell me that this is the to go - and then I can start looking. You know.. mac developers are rare breed!
mashrur is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming