Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

return7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Yes. You read that right :D We just changed PlaceTagger's price to $4.99 TEMPORARILY for a sale and trial. It might take it a couple of hours to filter show up on the App Store. :) Link in the sig, if you want something to geotag with.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Hrm I am very tempted by this and the whole Aperture plugin deal if completely tempting.

It looks like a great application but there are only 9 reviews to go by.

On a side note, I wish iTunes had an App wish list so I could bookmark what I kind of want and return later. Bastids!

return7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Hrm I am very tempted by this and the whole Aperture plugin deal if completely tempting.

It looks like a great application but there are only 9 reviews to go by.

On a side note, I wish iTunes had an App wish list so I could bookmark what I kind of want and return later. Bastids!

Take a look at http://bit.ly/14QzEA (FAQ) -- might help you decide. I think there are a couple of folks on MR that have it (one person beta tested for us and helped us knock the kinks out of version 1.0). :)

Edit: Bookmarking apps on iTunes would be awesome for sure

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
PlaceTagger is great. If you have doubts about it or questions, ask away. (But I can't comment on Aperture - don't use it.)

I'd grab it while the price is down.

I did beta test version 1, and may be the person return7 is talking about.

return7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
PlaceTagger is great. If you have doubts about it or questions, ask away. (But I can't comment on Aperture - don't use it.)

I'd grab it while the price is down.

I did beta test version 1, and may be the person return7 is talking about.

Yep, you and one other person, IIRC, were from MR forums. <3

superflush

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2009
Yes. You read that right :D We just changed PlaceTagger's price to $4.99 TEMPORARILY for a sale and trial. It might take it a couple of hours to filter show up on the App Store. :) Link in the sig, if you want something to geotag with.

How well would this work with the original iPhone without a data plan??
Just as well as the iPhone geotagging photos works for me??

superflush

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2009
I just realized that RoboGeo costs money.
I guess that is the only way to use it with windows?

return7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
I just realized that RoboGeo costs money.
I guess that is the only way to use it with windows?

The original iPhone would work but precision would be pretty poor since it uses cell towers for positioning instead of GPS.

Any application that will tag photos using the GPX format should work. I don't know of any freeware for Windows that does that, off hand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.