Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jul 24, 2009, 01:30 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Disney plans Alice in Wonderland game for iPhone, but not fo...

Category: Games
Link: Disney plans Alice in Wonderland game for iPhone, but not for Mac
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jul 24, 2009, 02:00 PM   #2
aprilfools
macrumors regular

I could care less about games. Waste of time as far as I'm concerned but anybody that ignores the mac community and only develop programs that run in a windows environment needs to meet me and my baseball bat. Disney included.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 03:04 PM   #3
speakerwizard
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilfools View Post
I could care less about games. Waste of time as far as I'm concerned but anybody that ignores the mac community and only develop programs that run in a windows environment needs to meet me and my baseball bat. Disney included.
especially when their major shareholder is the ceo of apple
Old Jul 24, 2009, 03:58 PM   #4
windywoo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilfools View Post
The Mac community in this case being 5% of computer users, but expecting to be treated as if they are 50%.
windywoo is offline   0
Old Jul 24, 2009, 04:28 PM   #5
nagromme
macrumors G5

We already have American McGee's Alice for OS X. A great game with great art. I'm satisfied

Anyway, the fact that Mac is missing from the list at the moment isn't really a final word.
nagromme is offline   0
Old Jul 24, 2009, 04:38 PM   #6
mkrishnan
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromme View Post
Anyway, the fact that Mac is missing from the list at the moment isn't really a final word.
Yeah. On the other hand, it's not so surprising... The iPhone and iPod touch have gotten to the point where they're a platform that has proved it can sell games at a reasonable clip to a greater extent than Macs have. Also presumably the mobile/handheld version of the game is easier to port to a new platform than the full version, anyway.

Give it a year, though, and the App Store may segue into renewed interest in desktop Mac gaming, although I think that Apple would really need to replicate the business model of the App Store in some way on the desktop to really facilitate the growth of Mac software development to some "next level."
Old Jul 25, 2009, 07:40 AM   #7
Eric5h5
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by windywoo View Post
The Mac community in this case being 5% of computer users, but expecting to be treated as if they are 50%.
Actually...it's not that uncommon for Mac software to account for 40-50% of sales when you have both Mac and Windows versions.

--Eric
Eric5h5 is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion