Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 24, 2009, 04:16 PM   #1
Michael73
macrumors 6502a

Adding Pictures to Contacts

I want to add photos to my contacts but I'm not going to go around photographing everyone. Instead I have most of their pictures in my iPhoto library on my MacPro.
  1. Is the best way to do what I want to transfer all the photos to my iPhone and then associate the pictures and then delete them? Or, is there a better way that I don't know of?
  2. Will deleting the photos from my phone delete the pictures associated with my contacts?

Thanks
2TB TC, 64GB iPad / 5S / 4S, Drobo 5D, 3 x TV
Michael73 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2009, 04:26 PM   #2
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael73 View Post
I want to add photos to my contacts but I'm not going to go around photographing everyone. Instead I have most of their pictures in my iPhoto library on my MacPro.
  1. Is the best way to do what I want to transfer all the photos to my iPhone and then associate the pictures and then delete them? Or, is there a better way that I don't know of?
  2. Will deleting the photos from my phone delete the pictures associated with my contacts?

Thanks
Well, I can only tell you how I did things. I transferred the pics I wanted to my iPhone and then associated them with my contacts. I don't want to delete any pics to test for you, but I would think that if the pics are deleted then you'll lose the pic for your contact.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 04:27 PM   #3
sandman42
macrumors 6502a

You can associate pictures to your contacts within the Address Book app on your computer, then when you sync your phone the photos will show up for those contacts on your phone. Sounds like that would be the best solution for you.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 04:35 PM   #4
spillproof
macrumors 68020

yes indeed to what sandman said.

No, if you delete the photo from your iPhone, it will still be associated with your contact. I tested it just now.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 04:44 PM   #5
AiralynRose
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to AiralynRose
They will not be deleted from the contact if you delete them on your iPhone.

However, there IS a difference in how the photos will look depending on where you add them.

If you add the photo to a contact from your computer, the picture will show in a small square on the top right hand side when they call you. Like in the iPhone commercials.

If you add the photo to a contact from the iPhone itself, the photo will be full screen when they call you.

Just another item to take into consideration, if you care how they look.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting