Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wez99950

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
Ok so my partner makes me a lot of mixed cds which i put on my iPod Touch and i'd like have a cover for them. What i've been doing is copying images from google images and pasting them but they always come out fuzzy. Is there a better way of doing this?
I also have some albums that iTunes didn't have the artwork for, is there a website that has good quality album covers? Some of them are local band albums which i can find with google images but again, same problem, don't come out very clear with copy and paste.

Any Suggestions? Thanks very much!

voltare

macrumors member
May 26, 2008
http://www.albumartexchange.com/

Go to gallery and do a search for the band. Once you find the album you want, click on the thumbnail to get to the large version. Then you can copy and paste it into iTunes. These album covers tend to be large files, which can slow down iTunes, but, personally, I would rather have slow iTunes and nice album covers. As computers get faster this will be less of an issue.

voltare

macrumors member
May 26, 2008
Also, the larger album artwork do not slow down any of my iPods. I believe iTunes makes a smaller version of the album artwork when you transfer music to an iPod.

wez99950

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
Thank you, much appreciated!!
Just a question - if I use random pics for album covers, will they always come out blurry? For the mixed cds i like to use images that i find on google images but they are always distorted. Should i be looking for a particular size/quality?

Exile

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2009
I prefer Discogs and Juno.co.uk. Pretty good quality images for your albums also sometimes theres the possibilty of choosing between different uploads.

voltare

macrumors member
May 26, 2008
If you use random stuff from google images, be sure you're not copying a thumbnail. After searching, click on the image you want. Then click again on the image at the top of the page. This should bring you to the real image at it's full size. Then copy and paste the image into iTunes.

Some images are just too small to look good in iTunes. I have a few albums that I could not find large, high-quality, pictures anywhere.

I don't know the exact size picture that will look good in iTunes. I just copy and paste and then see how it looks. Once you do it enough, you'll get a better idea of what is too small and what is not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.