Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Jul 25, 2009, 11:58 PM   #1
kevindosi
macrumors regular

Use css to position an iframe within a div?

OK, So I would like to use a google latitude badge on my website. The only problem is that it's ugly and doesn't fit with my color scheme, plus it puts a bunch of text on the bottom that I don't want. The entire badge is actually an iframe. I put that iframe inside of a div with a limited height and overflow hidden so that you don't see all the garbage text at the bottom, but I still have a white frame around the map. I want to only show the map, with no white padding. Is there a way to move that iframe left and up inside of my div and further limit the width\height of the div to hide all the white padding? Here's an image of the badge if you don't know what it looks like. Any help would be much appreciated.

kevindosi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2009, 05:57 AM   #2
angelwatt
Moderator emeritus

Yup, you make can make use of relative positioning to do so. I'd have to see the HTML involved to give specific ideas.
angelwatt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2009, 03:26 AM   #3
kevindosi
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelwatt View Post
Yup, you make can make use of relative positioning to do so. I'd have to see the HTML involved to give specific ideas.
Ah of course, I had to use relative positioning when styling the iframe. Thanks a lot for the help. You can see it in action at http://beforethecubicle.com/blog
kevindosi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development