Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KCWolfPck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
Fredericksburg, VA
My online streaming of XM radio via the Sirius/XM Online Application just started acting up today. It has worked fine until now.

It streams the radio stations just fine at first, then right at around 30 seconds after it started streaming the app just freezes.

Is this happening to anyone else?

I deleted the app from my phone then redownloaded/reinstalled and that did not fix the problem.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

KCWolfPck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
Fredericksburg, VA
Thanks. Can't do that now since I'm at work. So, has this problem been reported before and the above method has fixed it with others having the same problem?

TheShinyMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2009
Thanks. Can't do that now since I'm at work. So, has this problem been reported before and the above method has fixed it with others having the same problem?

I am sure someone else has had it happen, its just a bug. You can report it to apple however ithink your iphone does that when you connect it to your computer.
ps shouldnt you be workin:p

MadDog31

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
Any fix to this? I had ESPN cutting out on me after 15-30 seconds today, but Opie & Anthony were not cutting out.

I'll do the uninstall-reinstall-sync-blah-blah-blah but wanted to see if anyone else has done that first.

KCWolfPck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
Fredericksburg, VA
ESPN was the channel I was having problems with too. In fact, I never even thought to try another channel.

I've been home and uninstalled the app from both my iPhone and iTunes then synced. Then I downloaded and installed via iTunes and ESPN is still causing the app to freeze after about 30 seconds. Testing on other channels appears to be working fine. This problem appears to be limited to the satellite station. I just talked to my wife and she said she had a similar problem in her car sat radio this morning.....so it may not even be limited to the app itself, but the actual station.

I hope them get it fixed soon! I can't live without my ESPN radio.

MadDog31

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
ESPN was the channel I was having problems with too. In fact, I never even thought to try another channel.

I've been home and uninstalled the app from both my iPhone and iTunes then synced. Then I downloaded and installed via iTunes and ESPN is still causing the app to freeze after about 30 seconds. Testing on other channels appears to be working fine. This problem appears to be limited to the satellite station. I just talked to my wife and she said she had a similar problem in her car sat radio this morning.....so it may not even be limited to the app itself, but the actual station.

I hope them get it fixed soon! I can't live without my ESPN radio.

Yeah, here in Raleigh they had the dumb local guys on during the 1 p.m. hour, so instead of listening to Cowherd those airbags were on. I went to my iPhone to save the day, and I couldn't get 30 seconds into Cowherd's show. :(

Jim Rome was the solution and that's enough to make one stick forks in their eyes.

KCWolfPck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
Fredericksburg, VA
Well, I'm streaming ESPN online via my work PC fine, so there goes the theory of the problem being with the station. The app still freezes when listening to ESPN, but no other channels.

I've reported the bug via the app store. I hope it gets fixed soon!

Jack Johansen

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2009
Sirius Online Cuts Out Then Repeats From Where it Cut Off

Hello,
I have been having this problem with Sirius Radio Online where whatever I'm listening to plays for 30-40 seconds, cuts out and then starts repeating the same music/talk show from where it cut off. I've tried different fixes to no avail, does anyone have solutions that worked for them with the same problem ? Thanks....

Jack Johansen

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.