Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brad Callens

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2009
Hi, there is a new HTPC, car-pc keyboard launched. Have touchpad and mouse into one. Just US$45 (including shipping fee) and fit for all.

Demonstration videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M1p1hUSTMw

Site

DSC03511L.jpg

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Holy crap really? I'm buying this! Thanks for the tip!

Wait OP, you are wrong. It only supports:
Support Window (2000, XP & Vista) and Linux (Debian-3.1, Redhat-9.0, Ubuntu-8.10, Fedora-7.0)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I am going to buy this. I've been in contact with the seller and he claims it works with a Mac. I told him that if it doesn't I'm returning it and shipping will be on him. Despite that being outside their return policy, he has agreed to accept it if it doesn't support a Mac.

I'm rather excited actually. My iPhone is nice to use from time to time but the battery will drain. I use screen sharing on my Air to my Mini but then I connect each time. I am hoping this works out and it is exactly what I wanted to pay for a keyboard only.

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
The site it's for sale on makes me nervous, but there seem to be enough reviews and comments about this product around the web to make me think it's legit.

I took the plunge and ordered one, so if anyone cares I'll let you know how it goes.

Pak^Man

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2008
Columbus, OH
I am going to buy this. I've been in contact with the seller and he claims it works with a Mac. I told him that if it doesn't I'm returning it and shipping will be on him. Despite that being outside their return policy, he has agreed to accept it if it doesn't support a Mac.

I'm rather excited actually. My iPhone is nice to use from time to time but the battery will drain. I use screen sharing on my Air to my Mini but then I connect each time. I am hoping this works out and it is exactly what I wanted to pay for a keyboard only.

Keep us posted on how it turns out!

BEEFc58

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
There is an iPhone app that does the same thing that is on sale for 2.99 right now. Air Mouse Pro. Pretty cool.

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I guess if you want the smallness, this is good. I wonder what the range is on the wireless USB...I know my Logitech mouse and keyboard only have like a 4-5' range. I ended up getting one of these to have a full-size keyboard with built-in trackpad for my home theater room (although for about 3 times the price). Less than 1/2" thick, and works all the way across the room over Bluetooth. Love it.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I received mine today, ordered on July 27th (late at night). It is black and not white. I am unsure if I care or not but frankly I'm ok with it. I just hooked it into my MP and it actually worked. I was impressed that it worked at all. It's too light to even be taken seriously at first.
A full review will be forthcoming as I have detected some pros and cons about it in the whopping 5 minutes I gave it.

In short, for $40 from a shady looking site, I am just happy it came. ;)

Chris Rogers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
my house
I received mine today, ordered on July 27th (late at night). It is black and not white. I am unsure if I care or not but frankly I'm ok with it. I just hooked it into my MP and it actually worked. I was impressed that it worked at all. It's too light to even be taken seriously at first.
A full review will be forthcoming as I have detected some pros and cons about it in the whopping 5 minutes I gave it.

In short, for $40 from a shady looking site, I am just happy it came. ;)

Nice, could you do a more in depth review after you play with it more?

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
Mine arrived as well and is utterly worthless. Yes it does work on the Mac... sometimes. It loses the connection frequently and I have to turn it off and back on to get it working again. I also had to go through and hit all the keys multiple times before they all would work.

I hope jessica. has better luck with hers than I did. It's a real shame because it really would be useful if it worked. I doubt I'll have much success with an exchange...

jacksonlnm

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2009
Mine arrived as well and is utterly worthless. Yes it does work on the Mac... sometimes. It loses the connection frequently and I have to turn it off and back on to get it working again. I also had to go through and hit all the keys multiple times before they all would work.

I hope jessica. has better luck with hers than I did. It's a real shame because it really would be useful if it worked. I doubt I'll have much success with an exchange...

My one is working fine and the disconnect is normal that around 3 minutes without access the device will auto-off. Manual mention that already. It is to reduce the no. of recharge.

Andrew Henry

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2008
My one is working fine and the disconnect is normal that around 3 minutes without access the device will auto-off. Manual mention that already. It is to reduce the no. of recharge.

Some people don't read the manual that comes with a new product. :rolleyes:

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX

Yes I know it's supposed to power down after 3 minutes. I did read the manual.

Mine drops the connection while using it. It doesn't wait 3 minutes, it just quits. Then I have to turn it off and back on again to get it back, sometimes only for a few more seconds till it quits again. It's very frustrating.

I definitely got a defective unit.

Some people don't read the manual that comes with a new product. :rolleyes:

And some people make unwarranted assumptions without knowing what they're talking about.

jacksonlnm

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2009
@Darth.Titan

Hi Darth.Titan,

If your one is defective unit, don't mind to contact them and exchange the unit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.