|Jul 28, 2009, 09:29 PM||#1|
Cannot Find Blank CD on Desktop
Hi. When I insert a blank CD into my MacBook, running Leopard, nothing happens.
1. I can't see it on the desktop and neither can I see it on Finder.
2. Finder preference "show CD" checked is on.
3. I've tried different blank CD's and they all don't work,
4. When there is data on the CD it appears on the desktop
5. When I go to system preferences cd/dvd it only shows 3 options NONE of which are "when I insert a blank CD" or "when I insert a blank DVD" so I can't set these options.
It seems like a software thing and I'm just not "flipping the right switches". Item #5 bothers me though as the other Macs I've seen have this option.
|Jul 28, 2009, 09:33 PM||#4|
Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)
Generally I can't think of any reason you would need to mount a blank cd. Will it let you burn to the disc, even though it doesn't show the empty disc as mounted?
15" rMBP | too many iSomethings | two pitties | a Ducati | lots of scalpels
|Jul 28, 2009, 09:41 PM||#6|
Thanks for all the guiding questions.
1. The CD doesn't show in disk utility.
2. No I can't burn on iTunes
3. I wanted to see the CD on my desktop as I am looking to burn files by dragging them into the CD window on the desktop.
4. When I insert the CD it doesn't sound like its reading, just sort of "cruising"
|Jul 29, 2009, 12:05 AM||#9|
if thats the case then i would hazard a guess that your Optical drive is dying. i have the same problem with my laptop, except it will spit them out after 30 seconds or so. only SOME commercially burnt dvds/cds will be read.
Official MacRumors IRC @ irc.krono.net #macrumors (Or http://kewlirc.net:9090/)
2011 2.5GHz Mac Mini Dual - 16GB RAM
2013 rMBP - 16 GB RAM
Win8 PC - i5-3570k - 16GB RAM - SSD
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|I hid a folder on the desktop now I can't find it!||j4mbo||OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion||2||Dec 1, 2013 10:36 PM|
|Anyone know where i can find a live floating desktop weather widget||Designed4Mac||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||3||Jan 14, 2013 05:27 AM|
|In iMessage , contact sends me a texts that is blank and only shows the blank bubble.||Jooohhn243||iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting||0||Dec 3, 2012 07:56 PM|
|Where to find old version of Remote Desktop? v3.5 (for Snow Leopard)||Jhoust7||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||2||Nov 13, 2012 01:00 AM|
|Anyone find the slow animation of switching between desktop annoying? Solution?||Leonidas87||OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion||4||Jul 26, 2012 11:53 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 PM.