Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anthony T

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I had wanted to get that silicon sleeve by Belkin in black/blue. But realized they didn't make it for the iPhone 3G/3GS in that color pattern, and ended up buying some fake ones off of eBay.

Anyway, I went to get my 3GS replaced this past weekend at a local Apple Store, and came across a Belkin case that looked exactly like the silicon sleeve, but even cooler. It came in black/blue, black/red, and black/white (it may have been gray).

I went with the black/blue, but it was so hard to choose. This case adds not much bulk, looks amazing, and feels great in the hand. It's a rubbery silicone, and doesn't collect any lint. I love it!

I forget what it's called, I think I threw out the package, but it's not listed on Belkin's site.

I recommend this case over the iSkin Solo, or any other silicon/rubber-like case!

photo2u.jpg

photo3gyb.jpg

EDIT: Maybe it's not new, it's on Apple's site: http://store.apple.com/us/product/TW810LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=NzM5NTMwMw&p=3&s=topSellers

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
Ive seen that case. It looks nice. However most cases made of that material eventually become lint magnets. Its almost like some of the coating comes off and the coating below it collects the lint. Ive seen this happen with the "speck toughskin."

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I had a couple of these cases for my Touch and while they did collect a fair amount of lint, I still dug 'em. Very easy to take off and put on (as opposed to the Incase protective cover, which felt like it was going to rip or crack because I had to stretch it out so much to put it on), and I loved the number of color combinations they had (I had black/white and black/green that have the same pattern as the one pictured above and then got hot pink/light pink one from the Apple store that had random lines on the back.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.