Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azcardsfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Will there every be a fix/update/hack for the stereo bluetooth. The quality is noticeably worse on my iPhone than when I'm connected to my laptop. This is because of the iPhone's lossily compressed method. I've used two different sets of bluetooth A2DP headphones (Nokia BH-503 and Samsung SBH600) with both an iPhone 3GS and an iPod touch and the sound quality terrible. Are there any ways to fix this?

Bluetooth audio streaming is mighty appealing, but it's not without caveats. For audiophiles, the most significant is that audio is lossily compressed in order to avoid saturating the Bluetooth connection--nobody likes stutters and skips when listening to music. But the reality is that unless you have a set of high-end wireless headphones or you're streaming to a very good stereo system, you're unlikely to notice this compression, especially if you're playing low-bit-rate audio files.

PCWorld

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.