Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jshelton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
A few minutes ago I clicked Restore to install the 3.0.1 update.

My iPhone was jailbroken, but it wasn't a big deal to JB again and reinstall Cydia. iTunes asked if I wanted to back up and I said yes. I restored and updated to 3.0.1. When I went to restore from the backup, the latest one was July 26th. Where is the backup that I just did before the restore!!!!! I lost pictures and contacts.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. It has happened to me as well.

First things first, go into iTunes preferences > Devices and verify that you backup is or is not there.

Unless they are extremely new all your photos, contacts, and music will be on your MB.

jshelton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. It has happened to me as well.

First things first, go into iTunes preferences > Devices and verify that you backup is or is not there.

Unless they are extremely new all your photos, contacts, and music will be on your MB.

Ah man. The July 31 backup is there. It showed up when I went to Preferences>Devices like you said; but when I chose restore before that, it wasn't showing up. Whew...

Thanks AGAIN for your help :D

You are on a roll today!

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I had been having the backup problem since i updated to 3.0
Would never do it and give the message that the phone was disconnected when it wasnt.

Well, i right clicked on my phone when it was plugged into itunes and clicked on the backup and for the first time in over a month it went thru the backup but when i go to preferences and device, it doesnt show up todays date that a backup was done. Did it usually show up right away?

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Ah man. The July 31 backup is there. It showed up when I went to Preferences>Devices like you said; but when I chose restore before that, it wasn't showing up. Whew...

Thanks AGAIN for your help :D

You are on a roll today!

Its better for you to set up as a new device than restore from backup. Since all your info is on your MB I would go that route. You can save all your app-related data using AppBackup (not AptBackup).

http://macthemes2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16797441

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.