Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
after the buildup-shock-disappointment-outrage of the last Expo, maybe the PR dept. has learned something

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
I just realized that for us WestCoasters, the keynote starts at 6 am. Ouch! I've lived in the East Coast for the last six years so this is something new to me.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by dongmin
I just realized that for us WestCoasters, the keynote starts at 6 am. Ouch! I've lived in the East Coast for the last six years so this is something new to me.

Yea, that is kind of annoying. The bright side for me is that I only have to get up at 6 am since I'm on mountain time.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
A 6am wake-up is a lot easier when you've got a keynote to look forward to.

I will be fully enjoying it on my digital cable...TechTV rocks!:D

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
hey what channel is TechTV? I have digital cable too here in SF thru AT&T. I assume the live TV feeds beats messing with the stream.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
hey what channel is TechTV? I have digital cable too here in SF thru AT&T. I assume the live TV feeds beats messing with the stream.

I think it depends on your provider...mine's 125...

It is definitely higher quality than the stream. The one kind of odd thing is that they still have to air commercials, so they Tivo it when the break for commercials. You don't miss any of the keynote, but by the end you're actually a few minutes behind.

crazylb1

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2002
Boulder
Apple Stores to host

If you havent already heard the Apple Stores are hosting the keynotes as well. I'm going to try to get to the Aspen Grove store on Wednesday. It only takes me 35-45 minutes to get there so it won't be too bad. Hey and coffee is provided!
:D :D :D

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
9am

Well, for me 9am won't be that bad... Just means I will need to get to work a little earlier then usual. :D My boss will be there in person, so worst case, I will get the 411 from here when she gets back to the offices.

For all those out on the west coast... :p haaa haaaaa :D

Q-bert

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2002
after the buildup-shock-disappointment-outrage of the last Expo, maybe the PR dept. has learned something
I agree that Apple definitely overdid the last expo - but most of the "buildup-shock-disappointment-outrage" you mention was only on here. Most non-rumor sites, and the general public, were generally impressed with the new iMac. A few computer pundits on TechTV and Mac-haters tried to dismiss it as an "iLamp", but that didn't really stick.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 24, 2001
Re: Apple Stores to host

Originally posted by crazylb1
If you havent already heard the Apple Stores are hosting the keynotes as well. I'm going to try to get to the Aspen Grove store on Wednesday. It only takes me 35-45 minutes to get there so it won't be too bad. Hey and coffee is provided!

I would go to Aspen Grove but it would mean getting up 2 hours early to get through early morning traffic in the Springs and Denver as well as driving for an hour between cities :(

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
Re: Apple Stores to host

Originally posted by crazylb1

I was surprised to discover they would actually open that early here in the west. I'll be enjoying the keynote from the Chandler store -- a mere 5 minutes away from work. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.