Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

APPLEFAN8

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
NJ/GA/FL
Like erase all my log in stuff but keep the Adobe stuff on there(to sell it for a high price) and erase itunes and my photo's can I do that? I have an external HD that is backed up every hour. Will it be possible when I sell this macbook for a newer one to reload all the programs like adobe and itunes from my External HD to my new macbook? Just wondering if it would work or not. Thanks

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
You'll either need to sell the Adobe software with the laptop along with the discs and not keep it, or remove it from the laptop before you resell it so you can install it on your new laptop.

Jolly Jimmy

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
Just wipe the whole drive and include the original discs for any 3rd party software in the sale.

APPLEFAN8

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
NJ/GA/FL
You'll either need to sell the Adobe software with the laptop along with the discs and not keep it, or remove it from the laptop before you resell it so you can install it on your new laptop.

oh alright i'll think about it. I just want a new aluminum macbook for college i've had this black one since I was a sophomore in HS.

J&JPolangin

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2008
Close to a boarder, in Eu
...max out your ram and save your $$ until they get much faster than what's offered currently... maybe even a HDD upgrade but unless you "need" the newer machine it would be best to wait...

My "new" iMac and whitebook were replacing a 10 yr old desktop, and an 8 & 6 yr old laptop...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.