|Aug 2, 2009, 01:56 PM||#1|
The Best Photo Organizing Software
Although this is probably in the wrong forum category, I couldn't find anywhere else to go so here's my problem:
I would imagine this has been posted many times, so if anyone knows a link to a previous forum that would be great as well.
Otherwise, I am looking for a really good photo organizing software. The problem is, that it needs to do a few things:
1. It has to be Mac AND pc compatible so that my entire family will be able use it.
2. The main factor is that it needs to organize my photos. I have them strewn across multiple computers and different folders and subfolders and need to organize them into one place.
3. Preferably it needs to be able to access an external hard drive over a LAN network.
4. I need some help here as well. What do most people do to their photos when the organize them. I suppose they add keywords, descriptions, location, the people in the photo etc. If you anything else I'm missing that would be awesome. The organizer needs to be able to this as well. And preferably, that this stuff is universal across platforms and operating systems.
5. Now this isn't 100% necessary, but it would be nice if it had the feature to search across the entire computer for photos stored wherever they may be.
I know its a lot of stuff but if anyone knows of one, that would be great!
|Aug 2, 2009, 03:51 PM||#4|
I think what your asking doesn't really exist. You want an application that runs on both macs and pcs be able to catalog images across disparate computers and hard drives
personally I'd constrain your requirements to function on one computer and start your search from there. You can look at aprture (mac only). It's strength is it's organization or adobe's Lightroom. It's strength is in it's editting capability but it also has strong organiztion abilities as well. Another plus fir lightroom is that it will run on a mac or a pc. I just don't think you can have images from one computer can be cataloged on another computer
|Aug 2, 2009, 04:31 PM||#5|
Well, ok, my main request is a program almost exactly like picasa that can pick up images on an external hard drive connected to my airport extreme. The only problem with picasa (besides the network drive capabilities) is that it seems to be a little buggy for me probably because its free.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|What is the best photo organizer for Lion 10.7.2?||seasurfer||Mac OS X 10.7 Lion||5||Nov 20, 2011 09:18 AM|
|what is the best photo backup software that let's me use Dual-Layer DVDs?||ToddJ||OS X||6||Oct 9, 2011 08:37 AM|
|Best Photo Organization Software?||surfcom||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||6||Aug 18, 2010 11:15 AM|
|which photo organizer software?||cloudsfromiowa||Mac Basics and Help||9||Apr 1, 2007 02:22 PM|
|photo organizing software||g^3||Design and Graphics||6||Oct 4, 2005 10:00 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 AM.