Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Aug 2, 2009, 02:55 PM   #1
dave12345
macrumors regular

just upgraded to logic 9 - what to do with logic 8 ?

Hey guys - i just upgraded to logic 9 - its all running pretty nice at the moment - some nice new features...

what shall i do with my logic 8 box / manuals / installation dvds ? its huge and fills up my cupboard! I obviously can't sell it complete with the serial numbers as i need to keep them to install logic 9 - do you think anyone would want to buy it if i put it on ebay minus the serial number ? maybe someone would want a backup set of installation disks and manuals ?

what do you reckon ?
dave12345 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2009, 04:28 AM   #2
UltraNEO*
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to UltraNEO*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave12345 View Post
Hey guys - i just upgraded to logic 9 - its all running pretty nice at the moment - some nice new features...

what shall i do with my logic 8 box / manuals / installation dvds ? its huge and fills up my cupboard! I obviously can't sell it complete with the serial numbers as i need to keep them to install logic 9 - do you think anyone would want to buy it if i put it on ebay minus the serial number ? maybe someone would want a backup set of installation disks and manuals ?

what do you reckon ?
Dude, your worried about what to do with one old application?

You should check out my cupboard, there's 3DSudioMax 3, Quark Xpress 3.34, Passport 4.1, Adobe Photoshop 4, 5.5 upgrade, Illustrator 5, Freehand, Adobe CS, CS2 and CS3 in there.. and I can't sell any of them. I think most people just keep them...

You could try selling them but to be honest, who really wants to waste money on a 'boxed edition' when they can download it for free and later a purchase a digital license, on-line.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 08:27 PM   #3
synth3tik
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to synth3tik
Selling the software while keeping the serial number sheet is really shady. Also if you were to not mention that to the buyer, you could find yourself in some heat.

Honestly, yes the Logic box is heavy, but it really does not take that much extra space.

You can also run 8 on another machine, kind of like a test machine.

It's the price we pay for getting an upgrade price.
synth3tik is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2009, 02:56 AM   #4
seisend
macrumors 6502

Just keep it. I keep mine too. And I like to use sometimes the manuals. Logic Studio 2009 hasn't any printed manuals of the instruments and tools like Logic Studio 07 as you know.... you can use the most of it aswell with the logic 09..
seisend is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio