Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ceezy3000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
The Valley!!
Where can I download a Mac "Virus" People always say mac's get viruses but never offer any concrete evidence. Please point me to a link with a trojan or a virus that is Mac Specific.

bolen

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2008
Sweden
I haven't heard many people saying that Mac's gets viruses. I've however heard many people saying that the Mac users shouldn't be to confident there won't come viruses to Mac OS X.

Which is true, never say never. But there is no *virus* for the Mac at the moment.

There's however a couple of trojans, illegal copies of for example iWork '09 or Photoshop CS4 has been reported to contain trojans.

https://www.macrumors.com/2009/01/22/iwork-09-torrent-carrying-os-x-trojan/

Keep in mind that to be infected by such malicious application one must enter his/hers administrator password to allow the installation.

Keep away from untrusted sources and think twice before entering your password when installing things and you should be fine.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
When trojan files are found they get deleted by virus software of system admins so, pointing you to one is pointless because it likely won't be there for long.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.