Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danbalsh

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2003
Best part of that keynote was the video played before Steve came online :cool:

anyone know the music used? :confused:

Oh and I agree, the audience were so boring :mad: even when Alicia Keys tried to get them hyped, they still sat there! :mad:

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
danbalsh said:
Best part of that keynote was the video played before Steve came online :cool:

anyone know the music used? :confused:

Oh and I agree, the audience were so boring :mad: even when Alicia Keys tried to get them hyped, they still sat there! :mad:

The name of the song is 'Walkie Talkie Man' by Sterogram. It's not available in the UK store, but is in the US Store.

danbalsh

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2003
asif786 said:
The name of the song is 'Walkie Talkie Man' by Sterogram. It's not available in the UK store, but is in the US Store.

Thanks man, talk about irony hey lol...

dizastor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2001
Los Angeles
i think I may need therapy... I'm addicted to watching streams of apple events.
My girlfriend says "Are you geeking out again?"
Sadly, yes.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
asif786 said:

I know I'm quoting myself here, but hey. I'm sooo tempted to download this song via P2P cos its soo cool. It's so frustrating that iTunes doesnt have it.

grr!

macridah

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2004
Nor-Cal
What's up with that audience? I know there were moments in that presentation where the audience should of clapped, laughed or something.

I did learn something for it. I started viewing all the music videos. Wonder why i never noticed that before. That's a good way to hear the whole song for free. It did get me though, I bought a single that I probably wouldn't of.

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
i think it is just the climate in london that makes the people there so "gloomy".

i was in london once, friendly and nice all together, but not as friendly as people in socal or so.

Deggy

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2002
I don't think it was Steves best performance either. I usually watch him giving a Keynote with great admiration as he is a superb speaker normally, but this time his heart didn't seem in it the same.

Maybe it was just too hard to fill an hour on one aspect.

Hope he gets it better for WWDC.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
redAPPLE said:
i think it is just the climate in london that makes the people there so "gloomy".

i was in london once, friendly and nice all together, but not as friendly as people in socal or so.

It was like 30 degrees c on that day - maybe everybody was hot any bothered? we're not really used to hot weather like that in london you see.

danbalsh

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2003
Deggy said:
I don't think it was Steves best performance either. I usually watch him giving a Keynote with great admiration as he is a superb speaker normally, but this time his heart didn't seem in it the same.

Maybe it was just too hard to fill an hour on one aspect.

Hope he gets it better for WWDC.

He could also have Jet-lag :( I don't think the unpleasant crowds helped really, imagine yourself standing there showing off your best software and no one is that interested, would be a bit of a downer to anyone.

J-Squire

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2003
Australia
Agreed

I think i can say that I am in agreeance with general mood of the forum in that:
1. The audience seemed completely unenthused
2. Steve, although never a bad speaker, did seem a little off. But I would put this down partly to the tough crowd
3. It was good to kill an hour watching the webcast
4. The intro video was perhaps the coolest thing i've seen in a while

Darwin

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2003
round the corner
I'm sure there will be plenty of clapping, laughing and cheering at the WWDC :)

The audience did kinda cheer up afterwards but that was at the end :D

g4cubed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2004
Damn, was the audience from Microsoft. :confused: These people were brutal. I know Steve can be long winded and boring :rolleyes: but...

amols

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2004
I think the rumor sites must have ruined the excitement of such music event ;) . Even Steve needs a few strong surprise elements in his arsenal. It was looking like just a formality. Nonetheless, its always fun listening to his keynotes.

autrefois

macrumors 65816
It wasn't Steve's best performance. He forgot what he was going to do at one point for about 15-20 seconds.

Later, he went to Bob Marley and seemed surprised at how little Marley they had. Not good. With some other artist, I forget who, he even said "the one album we have so far." He should have picked ones that had more material obviously.

I haven't finished watching yet, but it certainly didn't help that the audience was subdued. It can affect a speaker when the audience doesn't react. Steve wasn't THAT bad—he has worked in two "boom"s so far. :)

I'm glad Apple is streaming the event, and thanks macrumors for posting the link!

TednDi

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2004
Earth
ITMS europe

several things crossed my mind during the video.

first- it was the european press not the usual tech crowd

second- the street in the ITMS video is several blocks from my apt. In NYC not London, Paris or Berlin. They could have shot for the European market with Tower Bridge, Eiffel Tower and/or Brandenburg gate in the backround.

I think that perhaps the european press is hostile to anything american at this point.

I think the only thing that got that crowd interested was the 20 euro gift certificate to the store. Even then it was only golf clapping.

:confused:

mmmbop

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2003
London
g4cubed said:
Damn, was the audience from Microsoft. :confused: These people were brutal.

Note to Apple UK for their next press event. Plant a load of mac zealots throughout the audience to get the whooping and clapping factor up. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.