Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidmess

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Today apple replaced my 3gs. Was it a refurb or new since it just came out. Will the battery be new or used?

On a side note: the tech switched the screen protector over and got a few tiny hairs stuck underneath it, since it was an accessory purchased with the iPhone and an apple care plan, is it too picky to ask for them to replace it? The hairs are only noticeable on a white background (they're 3 tiny black ones)

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
1. It was probably a refurb, without providing any information to us, I'm not sure how we can help.
2. They were attempting to do a favor, you can ask, but if they say "no" I hope you understand why.

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
1. Check the serial number. If it starts with a 5K it's RESERIALIZED. If it starts with anything else it's brand new. RESERIALIZED is usually reconstructed with ALL NEW PARTS. So there really is no difference.
2. They have tossed out several of my screen protectors ... Feel lucky they tried to re-apply yours!

davidmess

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
one last question, i'll probably do this, does it matter where a screen protector is purchased? Should I buy yet another 14.95 screen protector set? Or can I get an off the market one for cheaper.

If I have applecare, will apple cover the screen protector (if it damages the phone or something weird) if i buy it from apple (months after I bought the phone)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.