Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Aug 5, 2009, 09:05 AM   #1
waiwai
macrumors regular

Ventrilo doesn't work when minimized or when in game

Hi all,

Just installed Ventrilo on OS X and I can't get it to work while minimized... Like when I have it maximized, I can hear and talk... but when I get into game (Heroes of Newerth)... People can no longer hear me and it doesn't seem like my bind is being recognized (I can hear people but just can't talk)... The key is not used for anything else so I'm not sure what is affecting it. I've already checked off the "Access universal devices" thing, that ventrilo states you need to have checked off for Ventrilo to work in the background... But it doesn't work...

I did some searching and have come across others who have the same problem with WoW and stuff like that... but the solutions do not work (which is mainly checking off that box I mentioned earlier)...

Anyone have any solutions to fix this in OS X? (please don't tell me to play in bootcamp... that is not a solution to the problem at hand).
waiwai is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2009, 09:06 AM   #2
SilentPanda
Moderator emeritus

You need to flip something on in the System Preferences-> Accessibility then restart your Ventrilo client.

http://mdpull.blogspot.com/2008/06/v...ing-it-up.html
Old Aug 5, 2009, 09:15 AM   #3
waiwai
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPanda View Post
You need to flip something on in the System Preferences-> Accessibility then restart your Ventrilo client.

http://mdpull.blogspot.com/2008/06/v...ing-it-up.html
ya I did that already, but I didn't restart after checking off... so maybe that is the issue. will try when i get home from work.

thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2009, 09:16 AM   #4
SilentPanda
Moderator emeritus

Yep... if you don't restart the client (maybe even the OS, can't remember) it won't work until you do.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 09:20 AM   #5
waiwai
macrumors regular

i c i c thanks SilentPanda
Old Aug 6, 2009, 05:07 PM   #6
Vivid.Inferno
macrumors 6502

Send a message via MSN to Vivid.Inferno
Hey all, I'm having problems with Vent while playing WoW. I cannot talk, no matter what settings I have changed. I have universal access set up, and ptt. But I'm stuck as to what to do next. (Sorry for piggy backing Waiwai, but I figured it was better than starting a duplicate thread =])
Old Aug 7, 2009, 08:16 AM   #7
waiwai
macrumors regular

after going through the steps SilentPanda posted, it worked fine for me. you have to restart OSX and restart vent after you check off universal devices enabled...

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games