Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waiwai

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Florida
Hi all,

Just installed Ventrilo on OS X and I can't get it to work while minimized... Like when I have it maximized, I can hear and talk... but when I get into game (Heroes of Newerth)... People can no longer hear me and it doesn't seem like my bind is being recognized (I can hear people but just can't talk)... The key is not used for anything else so I'm not sure what is affecting it. I've already checked off the "Access universal devices" thing, that ventrilo states you need to have checked off for Ventrilo to work in the background... But it doesn't work...

I did some searching and have come across others who have the same problem with WoW and stuff like that... but the solutions do not work (which is mainly checking off that box I mentioned earlier)...

Anyone have any solutions to fix this in OS X? (please don't tell me to play in bootcamp... that is not a solution to the problem at hand).

Vivid.Inferno

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Hey all, I'm having problems with Vent while playing WoW. I cannot talk, no matter what settings I have changed. I have universal access set up, and ptt. But I'm stuck as to what to do next. (Sorry for piggy backing Waiwai, but I figured it was better than starting a duplicate thread =])

waiwai

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Florida
after going through the steps SilentPanda posted, it worked fine for me. you have to restart OSX and restart vent after you check off universal devices enabled...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.