Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Aug 5, 2009, 02:21 PM   #1
EmptyG
macrumors regular

Wiped computer - reinstalled iTunes - help with iPhone sync

My windows machine got some nasty malware so I was forced to wipe and reinstall without having a chance to make a proper backup of my iTunes library and whatnot. So now unfortunately when I plug my iPhone 3G S in (that used to sync with my Windows PC), it won't allow me to manually sync it unless I wipe it and resync with my "new" PC (which is the same one just clean installed). Is there anyway around this at all? I'd rather not have to wipe and resync my entire phone. I have about 20GB of songs, videos, apps, etc on the phone that I would rather not spend all day resyncing.

Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2009, 02:28 PM   #2
EmptyG
macrumors regular

Phew - One thing I did was back up My Documents -> My Music -> iTunes Music - about a day ago. Replacing that back on to my C drive did the trick. PHEW.

But for future reference, if I didn't do that backup, would there be a way to do this?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting