Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released Mac OS X 10.5.8 via Software Update.
The 10.5.8 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac, as well as specific fixes for:

- compatibility and reliability issues when joining AirPort networks.
- an issue that could cause some monitor resolutions to no longer appear in Displays System Preferences.
- issues that may affect Bluetooth reliability.

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3606.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
Incremental and combo updates should be available on Apple's downloads page shortly.

Article Link: Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.5.8

Bluefusion

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2003
New York, NY
Amazing.. .I thought I was the first person on earth to notice this update (it spontaneously appeared in-line with the series of other updates I had already instructed it to install a few hours earlier, but had cancelled because I wasn't plugged in!)

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Everything downloaded and installed fine. The first boot up did take a long time, so don't get scared if it does. Here is a screenshot:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    24 KB · Views: 26,844

THX1139

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2006
I might have to pass on this last update because I'm not having any issues. Certainly none that this update is reported to fix. Other than the security issues, why fix something if it's not broken (on my machine). Especially with Snow Leopard just around the corner!

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
I don't even wanna get my hopes up thinking that this might finally fix the airport connection problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.