Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
It should come pre-installed. the only time it wouldn't would be during recently released software that hasn't been installed on machines sitting in the warehouse. Like when iLife '04 was released they included the disks with pre-existing machines and started installing them on new machines.

Also refurbs usually ship with iLife 04 and Panther disk if the machine originally came with Jaguar, though I doubt that's the case now.

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
New York
are you sure it comes with a cd, because it doesn't say anything about the software coming on a cd, it just tells you whats included, meaning preinstalled.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
The software restore disks restore the PB to the state it left the factory with all pre-installed software installed. Note that the restore disks do not contain stand alone installers for the software.

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
New York
Ok, so it's just a system restore, got it. Has anyone ever had to use it? I always have to system restore my pc because it always decides to give me problems, it's a real bunghole. Can't wait to get my PB this week!!!

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I've never used the restore disks for my PowerBook. I've used them on iBooks in the past. Not because I had a problem, but because I was selling them on once I bought a new Mac.

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
JzzTrump22 said:
Ok, so it's just a system restore, got it. Has anyone ever had to use it? I always have to system restore my pc because it always decides to give me problems, it's a real bunghole. Can't wait to get my PB this week!!!
Everything's included on the machine pre-installed and on the backup System Restore DVD that comes with it. This DVD contains the operating system, plus all the iLife apps and everything you have. So don't panic.

Besides, I've never had to use mine and it's not generally like a PC where you have to restore the system twice a week :D ;)

(Only kidding, PCs are much better now - please don't turn this into a Windows vs Mac thread!!!)

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
New York
Your absolutly right. When i was running windows 98 i had to system restore a few times a week because it was really unstable. Now that i have xp i will admit it's much much better and more stable but i still have to system restore once in a while.

PowerMacMan

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
JzzTrump22 said:
Your absolutly right. When i was running windows 98 i had to system restore a few times a week because it was really unstable. Now that i have xp i will admit it's much much better and more stable but i still have to system restore once in a while.

Yeah, now it only needs to be done once a month...

Still not good enough...

themadchemist

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2003
Chi Town
speaking of PB software: Anyone wonder why powerbooks and consumer-line machines come with more pre-installed software than PowerMacs? This might not be true anymore, but it was true for the longest time.

Just because you sell half your organs to pay for a Powerbook, it doesn't mean you're willing to sell another organ or two to by some shareware (which is essentially what Apple packages; shareware, exceptionally good shareware, but shareware nonetheless).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.