Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

big_malk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Scotland
A few days ago my friend recommended a game to me, I can't remember what it was and I haven't been able to contact him to ask what it was, I was hoping someone could help me.

Apparently each level is in a room, where you basically use physics/science to make a portal to move you onto the next level, presumably solving a puzzle of some sort. Apparently the end is something fantastic and he wouldn't tell me what since that would spoil it, apparently.
I think the name began with a P...

I know that's not much to go on, but does it sound familiar?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Oh that's more than enough to go on!

The game is called Portal. It's a game developed by Valve for Windows and it's bloody brilliant. It's available on the Steam store either on its own or as part of a collected called The Orange Box - which is probably the 5 best games in existance in a fairly cheap bundle.

big_malk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Scotland
Oh that's more than enough to go on!

The game is called Portal. It's a game developed by Valve for Windows and it's bloody brilliant. It's available on the Steam store either on its own or as part of a collected called The Orange Box - which is probably the 5 best games in existance in a fairly cheap bundle.

Wow, did I just type the name of the game without even realising it... don't I look silly :p

It's windows only then?
Any idea if it'd play fine in Parallels on a Quad 2.66Ghz Mac Pro with 7GB RAM?

Thanks for the help :)

ChrisN

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2007
Demarest, NJ
I think you could get decent frame rates in parallels because it isn't too graphic intensive and it's not really that fast of a game compared to cod 4 or ut3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.