Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

speed12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
Hi all,

Just wondering for those of you with any of the TBT navigation apps, how loud are the voice commands from the internal speaker? Are they audible over normal volume music being played through the car stereo?

Cheers!

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
I found Navigon default volume too LOUD - you can adjust it up or down.

netslacker

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
I use g-maps in a Toyota Corolla (2004) and a 4Runner (1998) and it is loud enough to hear while driving.

Granted, if the kids are screaming and the radio is turned up then it will be drowned out. However, if you need voice guidance to get to your destination then chances are you've got the noise turned down so you can pay attention to commands.

speed12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
However, if you need voice guidance to get to your destination then chances are you've got the noise turned down so you can pay attention to commands.

Just bought CoPilot Live this afternoon and after taking it for a trial run it seems that with my music at the loudest volume I would listen to, I can hear the voice commands enough at least to hear something is being said and so look at the screen.

And as you say, when I get to the point when its not just junctions off A-roads, Motorways etc then I would just turn the volume down and listen!

CoPilot is superb by the way!

Cheers for the help guys!

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
Navigon broadcasts sound over the line output, either dock adapter or headphone jack, so it should never be too soft.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.