Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lockie.ee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2009
Hi, I am currently having problems with adobe flash player for streaming flash audio files (they are lectures from my uni). The audio window loads, but it fails to play. I have attached a screen capture of the window that pops up for the lecture. The player is there and everything, but it just doesn't play and the "pause" button cannot be clicked. However, I can change the time of the video (but when I do, it just stays fixated at that point too, with the side showing the correct time.. e.g. from 00:00:00/01:07:35 to 00:23:12/01:07:35) and I can also change the "volume" (as in I can at least move the little pointer bar thingy to adjust the volume level even though nothing is playing)

I asked the IT department at Uni for help, but they were unable to find the problem, and only concluded that the problem was at my end (since nobody else had the same problem, and a lot of people in my course uses mac too). They suspected it was something to do with my internet connection? But I was able to access the ilectures just fine on my dad's pc.

I am currently on an intel Macbook running on Mac OSX 10.5.8 using the latest version of Firefox ver. 3.0.13 and the latest version of adobe flash player ver. 10,0,32,18 (I have also tried to uninstall and install the flash player a few times, but nothing changed). I have also tried other browsers such as Safari and Opera. I have no problem accessing other flash streaming sites such as youtube.

If anyone could offer me any sort of advice or anything (e.g. change of settings), that would be greatly appreciated!

(please please please someone help me.... i am really desperate..!)

Attachments

• lecture.jpg
    lecture.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 47

dirt farmer

Suspended
Feb 23, 2005
This may or may not work, but, with browser open, delete the stuff in your ~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia folder. Relaunch Safari. This recently helped me with a Flash problem I was having (albeit a different one).

lockie.ee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2009
thanks for the advice, but sadly it didn't work for me =[

thanks anyways!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.