Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Aug 7, 2009, 08:54 PM   #1
scoutau
macrumors newbie

Question Can't transfer music from iTunes to iPod touch :(

Hey everyone! If anyone could help me with my problem, I would appreciate it. I can no longer transfer music from iTunes to my iPod touch. When I click on a file to drag it to the ipod device icon, it will not even highlight the icon, and no music is transferred. Someone told me that it was because I had synced my iPod, but it's not synced, I've installed the latest software updates for both iTunes and the touch, and I've restored my iPod...but no luck so far. I really don't want to have to reinstall iTunes on my computer, but I have almost all of my music backed up.

It's a 1st generation touch, and I'm running iTunes 8.2.1.6 on a Dell Inspiron 545 with Vista.

Once again, any help anyone can give me will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
scoutau is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2009, 02:10 PM   #2
TA3
macrumors newbie

Cool Can't transfer music from iTunes to iPod touch

scoutau,

I just ran into the same issue after unintentionally syncing my music on my iPod Touch. After messing with this and doing a little research, I noticed a checkbox under the "Summary" tab: Manually manage music and videos. Check this button and "Apply" the new settings. You should then be able to copy files from your iTunes library to your iPod Touch. Hope this helps.
TA3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch