Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Aug 8, 2009, 02:16 AM   #1
SchneiderMan
macrumors 604

The new Shure SRH440 Studio Headphones

Got these great sounding headphones today and did an unboxing please check it out (:

Click Here

Old Aug 8, 2009, 04:24 AM   #2
FX120
macrumors 65816

My distributor stopped by the other day with a pair, they're great for the price ($50!?!), better than the 7506's in my opinion.
FX120 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:38 AM   #3
paolo-
macrumors 6502a

I'm currently looking for big cans myself. I don't want to spend a spend a fortune (around 50, willing to go a bit higher). I want them for use in the bus, monitoring while doing vocals and get a second opinion from my monitors, they kind of lack in the lower bass department, I sometimes get surprised when playing my mixes in subs (and late night composing ).

So I just want relatively cheap phones with a honest sound that don't look like they could be part of a hot wheels car.
paolo- is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:50 AM   #4
thegoldenmackid
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to thegoldenmackid Send a message via Skype™ to thegoldenmackid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolo- View Post
I'm currently looking for big cans myself. I don't want to spend a spend a fortune (around 50, willing to go a bit higher). I want them for use in the bus, monitoring while doing vocals and get a second opinion from my monitors, they kind of lack in the lower bass department, I sometimes get surprised when playing my mixes in subs (and late night composing ).

So I just want relatively cheap phones with a honest sound that don't look like they could be part of a hot wheels car.
This is when you want to take a stroll around Head-Fi.org, especially given your budgets. While I have not tested the Shure's, my understanding is that they are relatively balanced, there are a couple of cans in the price range that come to mind that are lower-end heavy.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 04:43 PM   #5
thegoldenmackid
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to thegoldenmackid Send a message via Skype™ to thegoldenmackid
My thoughts here.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 12:44 PM   #6
jedininjaster
macrumors newbie

mine broke

Mine broke after a week of normal studio use. They are new so they probably have some kinks to work out. 2 yr warranty too, but still a bummer
jedininjaster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2009, 12:45 PM   #7
thegoldenmackid
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedininjaster View Post
Mine broke after a week of normal studio use. They are new so they probably have some kinks to work out. 2 yr warranty too, but still a bummer
What broke?
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:37 AM   #8
Frozonecold
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX120 View Post
My distributor stopped by the other day with a pair, they're great for the price ($50!?!), better than the 7506's in my opinion.
Where did you find these cans for $50?

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio