Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Aug 8, 2009, 06:23 PM   #1
gan6660
Banned

Shouldnt Apple replace my iPod?

I have a black 2nd gen nano that no longer works because I was charging it one day and it got really hot and wouldnt turn on anymore. I called apple and they said they couldnt replace it because it wasnt a saftey hazard. The rep suggested I leave it alone for a few days and try to charge it again. Well this was a few weeks ago and have been busy and forgot about it but today I plugged it in an after 10 minutes it got so hot it burnt my hand and I had to use an oven mit to unplug it.
gan6660 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2009, 06:25 PM   #2
Schtumple
macrumors 601

Send a message via Skype™ to Schtumple
The 2nd gen nanos are what 3+ years old now (?), it's well out of warranty regardless, if you're that worried about it, take it into an Apple Store and see what they have to say about it in person, rather than over the phone.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 06:26 PM   #3
gan6660
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schtumple View Post
The 2nd gen nanos are what 3+ years old now (?), it's well out of warranty regardless, if you're that worried about it, take it into an Apple Store and see what they have to say about it in person, rather than over the phone.
There are and mines out of warrenty but the have replaced 1st gen nanos and 1 second gen for me in the past because of this issue.
gan6660 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2009, 06:27 PM   #4
TEG
macrumors 604

Send a message via ICQ to TEG Send a message via AIM to TEG Send a message via MSN to TEG Send a message via Yahoo to TEG Send a message via Skype™ to TEG
They need to have proof. So take it to an Apple Store, explain what happened, and then they will see if it happens again, then they will see what they can do.

TEG
Old Aug 8, 2009, 06:35 PM   #5
Schtumple
macrumors 601

Send a message via Skype™ to Schtumple
Quote:
Originally Posted by gan6660 View Post
There are and mines out of warrenty but the have replaced 1st gen nanos and 1 second gen for me in the past because of this issue.
The 1st Gens were in Taiwan only (Possibly, the article is on MR somewhere), and that was because the batteries were exploding... If you're worried, take it to an Apple store, see what they say.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 10:19 PM   #6
Hayduke60
macrumors regular

Yeah, take it to an Apple store and plug it in, make them unplug it.
Hayduke60 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod