Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mumpitz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Hej...
I have some trouble with the footnotes in Word 2008. As you can see in the attachment there is quite a lot of empty space between the horizontal line and the actual text. I'd like to have the line almost right on top of the text. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea, what the trick is. I hope you have :D

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 143

mumpitz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Found the solution :D

View -> Draft

In Draft mode: View -> Footnote

and then there at the bottom is a menu... where the footnote separator is selectable. Yeah... and there were some lines... don't know why :confused:

aarontimo

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2012
Found the solution :D

View -> Draft

In Draft mode: View -> Footnote

and then there at the bottom is a menu... where the footnote separator is selectable. Yeah... and there were some lines... don't know why :confused:

Thank you so much... that worked for Word for Mac 2011!

Had me stumped for ages!!

colourfastt

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2009
Hej...
I have some trouble with the footnotes in Word 2008. As you can see in the attachment there is quite a lot of empty space between the horizontal line and the actual text. I'd like to have the line almost right on top of the text. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea, what the trick is. I hope you have :D

What is the space mandated in your style manual between the footer line and footnote?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.