Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrmhunter360

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
Hi everyone,

Recently, my old school iPhone 2G camera is all purple/pink.

I read somewhere that it may be due to water damage, but it's been no where near water. I take very good care of it and the camera was working fine last week.

I purchased a replacement camera, installed it, and still purple/pink.

Warranty is up, and I really don't want to upgrade and pay the extra $15/month for 3G network when I'm in front of a computer at work/home 24/7.

photoevx.jpg

Thanks!

pelicanflip

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2009
NYC
Hi everyone,

Recently, my old school iPhone 2G camera is all purple/pink.

I read somewhere that it may be due to water damage, but it's been no where near water. I take very good care of it and the camera was working fine last week.

I purchased a replacement camera, installed it, and still purple/pink.

Warranty is up, and I really don't want to upgrade and pay the extra $15/month for 3G network when I'm in front of a computer at work/home 24/7.

photoevx.jpg

Thanks!

eesh. not sure what the problem is...check to see if the water sensors has been tripped. You can check by looking in the headphone jack of your 2G iPhone.

If you still can't figure out what's wrong, you still have a few options in regards to replacing your iPhone.

You can pay $199 from the Apple Store to get an Out of Warranty Replacement iPhone. This applies to the 2G iPhone as well.

You can also buy another 2G or 3G iPhone off eBay, craigslist, forums, etc. and unlock it for whatever carrier you need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.