Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ee99ee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2006
So I just bought a new Macbook Pro (yes, it's very sexy) and sold my Macbook. I don't keep much music on my iPhone, so I manually manage it. Before I reformatted the old Macbook I exported my Podcast subscriptions in iTunes and was able to bring them back into iTunes on this system. That went well.

However, now when I connect and click "Manually manage my music and videos" in iTunes like I always do, I am prompted to erase and sync my iPhone. I do NOT want to erase it as I have alot of data (apps, contacts, existing music/podcasts, etc.). Erasing is simply not an option.

I found one workaround at the URL below, but I don't know the ID of the of the old iTunes Library ID.

http://www.andrewgrant.org/2008/03/30/how-to-sync-an-iphone-with-two-or-more-computers.html

Is there a way to pull this from the iPhone? Maybe put it in disk mode or something?

Any help would be appreciated. I've looked on the forums and couldn't find a post that was this exact issue.

-Chris

ee99ee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2006
Well it's not so much the music really... it's the apps. I don't want to have to re-download and install ALL my apps. What a pain!

-Chris

ee99ee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2006
Not jail broken. I just need to figure out the iTunes ID of my old computer (of which I've already formatted) and change it to be the same on my new computer, and I'll be set.

Is this stored on the iPhone somewhere?

-Chris

ericksgotmac

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2008
So what exactly happened? You forgot the email and password of the account on iTunes that you downloaded the Apps with?

ee99ee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2006
No, I'm traveling and don't want to reload my entire iPhone. My connectivity is limited, plus it takes forever and is a pain to setup all my phone again.

I just bought a new mac, reformatted and sold the old one, but forgot to get the old iTunes ID.

-Chris

ee99ee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2006
Why not just not manually manage music? Create a "iphone" playlist, and set that one only to sync.

I'd love to. In fact, that's what I'm trying to do... but when I hit manually manage, it says I have to erase my entire iPhone!

Really, all I care about are the Podcasts.

-Chris

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.