Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:44 PM   #1
multiplier
macrumors newbie

Can I sync iPhone/iTunes without deleting apps?

When I first got my phone, I synced with iTunes and it transferred 5 apps from my phone to my hard drive. Since then I've downloaded 10 more apps, but have not synced.

Today a friend emailed me an app file he's been working on. I need to move it to my phone. Can I run the "Sync only selected apps" in iTunes and move that file to my phone? Or will it try to literally match what's on my hard drive to my phone, thus deleting those other 10 apps?

A dumb question, I realize, but I don't want to lose those apps. The reason I'm paranoid is that unlike Windows, OSX overwrites folders when you place one on top of the other, whereas Windows merges them. I wasn't sure if iTunes/iPhone sync'ing worked the same way.

Thanks!
multiplier is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:56 PM   #2
Blueravr
macrumors member

itunes will ask you if you want to move the 10 apps to your computer from the phone.
Blueravr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone