Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Aug 12, 2009, 03:20 PM   #1
dark-saito
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to dark-saito Send a message via MSN to dark-saito
Question Regarding Returning iPod Shuffle

Okay... First off, I must say, I do not understand what all the griping and "dissing" of the new iPod shuffle is about. Is there a learning curve? Definitely. But it is very useful once you learn how to operate it. I love mine.

Anyway time for my question:

So, recently, My iPod shuffle has stopped charging fully... It never shows that little plug in iTunes, you know, the one that indicates it's done? Also, whenever I turn it off, and try to turn it back on a few hours later, it is VERY stubborn in turning on. Most times, it will take a few times toggling the little switch.

Now the problem with returning it... Like a moron, I threw away my box a while back, but if I take it to an Apple Store, will they replace it for me? Since the iPod shuffle is still under the one year warranty (as it hasn't been out for a year yet) I assume I should be able to get it replaced without any problems. Can someone reaffirm me of this?

Thanks in advance!
dark-saito is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2009, 03:58 PM   #2
jdechko
macrumors 68040

They should be able to do a swap for you no problem, as it's a warranty issue. If you were just returning it, you'd have some problems. Just do yourself a favor and make an appointment with the Genius bar before going in. It's not necessary, but it will save you some time when you go depending on how busy your local Genius bar is.

www.apple.com/retail
jdechko is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2009, 04:34 PM   #3
dark-saito
macrumors regular

Thanks a bunch! Ah, but I forgot to mention a small detail... My earphones broke a long while back, and I've been using my dad's iPhone earphones for that. Will they hold it against me if I can't return headphones? (I don't intend on returning those earphones >.>)
Old Aug 12, 2009, 04:47 PM   #4
jdechko
macrumors 68040

Just take the shuffle in with you. Since that's all that's defective, that's all they will need to replace. They have replacements at the Genius Bar specifically for this purpose. Apple isn't replacing the entire retail package, only your iPod.

To clarify, you're not actually returning the iPod like you would if you were within your 14 day return period. You're getting it replaced under warranty.
jdechko is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2009, 04:57 PM   #5
dark-saito
macrumors regular

Huh, did not know that. Well thanks again! I really appreciate it!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod