Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Aug 12, 2009, 07:00 PM   #1
ABigGatorsFan
macrumors newbie

"Cannot Connect Using SSL"

I just removed and tried to reenter my gmail account info. Once i did this a message popped up saying "cannot connect using SSL" "Would you like to without SSL". I have never seen this message before when entering an email account. I selected yes and then this message came up "GMAIL account verification failed" The IMAP server 'imap.gmail.com' is not responding. Check your network connection and that you entered the correct information in the 'Incoming Mail Server' field. Other than removing my gmail account to add it again I made no changes to any settings. Can anyone please tell me what has happened or what I need to do to make this work correctly again? Thanks.
ABigGatorsFan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2009, 08:24 PM   #2
GeneralP
Banned

Check your gmail setting on the WEB SITE. make sure everything is still correct.

Then delete the SMTP server settings for gmail on the phone.

Turn off Phone.

Turn on Phone and re-add the email.

It should work (hopefully)
GeneralP is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone