Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:57 PM   #1
dukeofism
macrumors member

Using iPod as External Drive

I was curious about using my iPod (first generation VIDEO) as an external drive. In order to backup my mac, could I copy my entire mac harddrive to my iPod, then copy that to my PC and leave it there as a backup?

I know that inorder to use my iPod as an external drive I need to enable it as a flash drive or whatever, but would the files be okay being stored on a PC (it has a HUGE [1 TB] Hard drive, so I would like to use that temporarily while I do not have a different external hard drive.
dukeofism is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod