Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkygr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
Greetings

I salute the community as a new forum member. Macrumors forum has been a very helpful place for my apple needs since the first moment of my mac engagement. I am a happy owner of a MBA rev A, used to have a G4 mini, and some time ago I got a Powermac1,2 G4 350Mhz for free for a friend of mine.

In the proccess of making the most out of my greenish tower, I upgraded the ram to a total of 1Gb, with 4 spare sdram modules I had in my closet, "upgraded" the stock 10Gb harddrive to a 80Gb WD, and threw in a nec combo drive.

I also got a sonnet encore 1Ghz upgrade cpu card from ebay, and that's where the "problem" starts. The sonnet, with model number EG4-1000-1M-U, is missing its powercable, which hooks up with a loop adapter at machine's power supply unit.

I contacted sonnet tech support, and they would sent me a "replacement" powercable easily ...if I was a states resident. But I live in Greece, so they said they will contact the local sonnet reseller to try to find a solution. But I don't think it will end up quickly and easily.

So here comes my question.. Is there a fellow yikes user with a same upgrade cpu card, who is kind enough to post the pinout of the power connector of the card? Or post some detail photos of the card's power cable?

Thanks in advance guys

Spyros

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.