Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Just bought a used airport extreme, only to find out that the previous owner kept it password protected and didn't include what that password was. Ugh! What to do??

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
is there not a little reset hole on the back. Push a pin into it and it will return to factory settings.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
1. Unplug the base station from power.

2. Press and hold the reset button with a straightened paperclip, then plug the base station back in while continuing to hold the button for approximately 5 seconds until you see the three status lights glow.

3. Release the button. The base station will factory default reset.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Oops...spoke too soon. My apologies. All I had to do was figure out what the reset button was. :p. I'll have to remember to actually use my brain before I post here next time I'm freaking out!

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 13, 2008
1. Unplug the base station from power.

2. Press and hold the reset button with a straightened paperclip, then plug the base station back in while continuing to hold the button for approximately 5 seconds until you see the three status lights glow.

3. Release the button. The base station will factory default reset.

Thank you so much for your fast response! I was finding that out myself as you were sending it, but I really appreciate the help on what was a pretty silly question :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.