Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qfinger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
I had to do a clean reinstall of my MAC OS, after restoring my iTunes library from Time Machine all the songs and apps are back but I cannot play any of my purchased songs or apps. iTunes keep on asking that I need to authorize the computer - which I have done using my Apple ID. When I play the song up comes the message box asking for Authorization I then do it and get a confirmation message box saying I'm already Authorized BUT I still cannot play the songs!

I've contacted iTunes support and read all the Apple iTunes help and how-to's and they just say De-authorize and then Re-authorize as a Admin o the local computer (this I have all done). Apple support seems to be lost as I'm now being referred between different support numbers?

Has anyone seen this or has any idea how to fix?

qfinger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
I tried that but cannot find the folder SC Info under any of the Users or Shred folders? This is a new installation but I searched the whole drive and nothing.

I did notice today that all my songs where purchased under my Account Name as Xxxxxx but my Apple ID is actually Xxxxxx@gmail.com, the names are the same but the @gmail.com bits are missing. Then I went on to the itunes store and purchased the free song for the day and this song played 100% and Get Info showed my Account Name as Xxxxxx@gmail.com where all my existing songs are only Xxxxxx. My AppleID has not changed but seems there is a different way in assigning my Account Name, can this be the problem and how to fix it?

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
I tried that but cannot find the folder SC Info under any of the Users or Shred folders? This is a new installation but I searched the whole drive and nothing.

The SC Info folder is invisible -- you won't be able to find it through a search.

You have to follow the instructions on Apple's site exactly.

From the "Go" menu in the Finder, choose "Go to Folder". Type exactly this (or copy and paste from here):

Code:
/Users/Shared/SC Info

Now click Go. It will take you to the invisible SC Info folder. There won't be anything in it. So easy way to delete it is to do a keyboard shortcut: command + delete. Empty the Trash.

Now restart the computer, open iTunes, reauthorize the tracks, and see what happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.