Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Aug 15, 2009, 12:50 AM   #1
theweber3
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to theweber3 Send a message via MSN to theweber3
ObamaCare

I just want to hear some peoples view on the healthcare plan proposed by Obama.

My view goes like this...

Im 16, so everyone please correct me when im wrong.

The way I see it is why should everyone have healthcare? It is a business just like everything else. Why should we reform the whole system when only a few percent (I heard the 47 Millions is 10%) of people dont have it? If unemployment is almost that high isn't their some sort of a correlation going there? Also, Obama plans to tax the families making over $250,000. May I ask why? Just because some people are successful they should be punished for it? My guess is the people that make that much are the people who make jobs. So if anything they should not tax those families, they probably have healthcare anyways!

Im not saying the healthcare we have now is perfect, but I dont think we should adopt something similar to canada's. I have a lot of family up there and they have to wait longer for appointments.. not as good as doctors, the government can tell you what you can and cant get done.

Thats my view, I just want some feedback.

Thanks.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 12:58 AM   #2
swiftaw
macrumors 603

I hope you're prepared for the backlash.

In my opinion, access to healthcare should be a right not a privilege, and should not completely bankrupt families either. Don't ask me how to make that feasible though.
swiftaw is offline   0
Old Aug 15, 2009, 12:58 AM   #3
thegoldenmackid
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to thegoldenmackid Send a message via Skype™ to thegoldenmackid
There are already threads about this in the PSRI:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
Off-topic posts. Off-topic posts will be deleted/edited. If you keep doing it see #5. Threads and posts on controversial political, religious, and social issues are to be limited to the Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum, and made only by those eligible for that forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The FAQ
Only users with a history of 250 posts (user title 6502 or higher) and membership for at least 6 months can access the Marketplace forum. Only users with a history of 100 posts can post in the Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum. If you start a "for sale" thread or political thread in another forum to avoid this rule, your thread will be deleted. Once you reach 100 or 250 posts, you may not immediately be able to post in these forums. The privilege is added automatically when the forum system does routine processing, so check again in a few hours. The delay is normal, so please do not contact us to report it as a problem on the same day that you reach 100 or 250 posts. When you first gain access to the Marketplace forum, you will see it in the Community section of the forums.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 01:00 AM   #4
WildCowboy
Administrator/Editor

Sorry, this topic belongs in the Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum, and you do not yet meet the 100-post count minimum required to participate there.

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland